Large Projects touch the entire Enterprise.
The Policies, Processes, and Procedures are,
without-a-doubt, critical to the success of an Enterprise-wide project.
Enterprise wide projects have many challenges. The Policies, Processes, and Procedures are usually part of a larger project and not a stand-alone project. However, the Policies, Processes, and Procedures are, without-a-doubt, critical to the success of the larger project. Unique challenges are:
- Multiple authors assigned to writing the Policies, Processes, and Procedures. Usually the authors are not Documentation developers, but are subject matter experts or possess other types of expertise.
- Vast amounts of content to be developed into Policies, Processes, and Procedures.
- Many users with different needs and requirements.
- Difficulty with controlling versions and review cycles.
- Lack of effective templates for the content types.
- Lack of a standard vocabulary.
We are able to help you with you Enterprise-wide projects. We have developed Policies, Processes, and Procedures for many large projects. We are familiar with the dynamics of such robust development. We use our proprietary methodology that is comprised of the tasks that are used to research and develop Policies, Processes, and Procedures. Some of the tasks addressed by our methodology are:
- Training multiple authors in order that all authors have an understanding of the writing process.
- Breaking-down the content into its proper categories. The content then is developed as a Policy, Process, or Procedure; which leads to modular documentation.
- Defining the multiple user groups that will be using the Policies, Processes, and Procedures according to their needs and requirements. All users do not require the same types of documentation.
- Setting up processes to control versions.
- Developing standardized Templates which allows for the Policies, Processes, and Procedures to ‘look and feel’ the same. The users are able to use the documents much easier and the documents are uniform in format and writing.
- Assisting with the establishment of a dictionary for standardized terms. Using standardized terms reduces the confusion of referring to the same data using multiple terms.
The benefits of using our services for your project will be to add value to your Policies, Processes, and Procedures. Your documentation is an asset that will be of value to the enterprise and to the users. It must be maintained in order to retain its value. We ensure the foundation on which the Policies, Processes, and Procedures are developed is stable and standardized for your users.