Small projects present specific challenges.
A major issue is the time constraints on the project team, as they usually have their
‘full-time’ responsibilities, which results in having to ‘squeeze-in’ time for the project.
What constitutes a small project? It usually requires 1 – 3 employees for a relatively short period of time, depending upon the dedicated time available for the project team. The processes are not cross functional and not performed at multiple locations. The project scope is clearly defined and the requirements are straight forward – not complex. The number of Processes and Procedures to be developed is small. The Project team must work quickly and efficiently with users and management. There is usually a small budget, which requires efficiency.
Small projects present challenges. A major issue is time constraints on the project team as they usually have their full-time responsibilities and, therefore, must ‘squeeze-in’ time for the project. Coordinating the time together with job crises, responsibilities, and deadlines creates serious scheduling problems – if scheduling is possible at all. Consequently, the scheduling problems can easily derail the project.
It is vital that the project is precisely defined so that the tasks are performed as efficiently as possible. Our small business plan will help you achieve your project objectives.
We provide a project plan that is customized for your needs:
- Initial consulting to determine your project scope and objectives.
- Preparation of a Project Plan.
- Training on how to write Policies, Processes, and Procedures.
- Basic standards for documentation that has an extended lifespan and is easy for the users to use.
- Templates that accommodate the types of documentation you will be developing.
- Worksheets that work in conjunction with the templates to ensure the documents are being developed properly.
- Remote consulting to review problem areas and successes. Consulting would include periodic reviews of the developed documentation and troubleshooting to answer questions.
We can help by setting up the project with the tools necessary for an effective and efficient project.